We Are Your Voice
- Criminal Defense
Over the last 20 years, Mr. Miller has represented clients in more than 100 of Kentucky's 120 counties. The decision to not limit his practice to one geographical area has given him a unique perspective and appreciation for the numerous nuances of local courts that comprise the Commonwealth's criminal justice system.
Born and raised in eastern Kentucky, Nathan earned his Bachelor of Science in biology/chemistry from Georgetown College, graduated law school from the University of Louisville, and in 2003 became a member of the Kentucky Bar. He is also licensed to practice law in U.S. Federal Court and has appeared on behalf of those criminally charged in the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky, Southern District of Indiana, Southern District of Ohio, and the District of Columbia.
A former public defender, Nathan also served as staff attorney at the Transportation Cabinet's Department of Highways for three years. He spent another three years on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. crafting controlled substance and DUI legislation at the local, state and federal levels. In 2013, he became a certified practitioner of Standardized Field Sobriety Testing in Irvine, CA, and in 2016 attended the National Forensic College at Cardozo Law School in NYC.
Mr. Miller's leadership in the field corresponds with being a regular presenter at seminars and continuing legal education courses that include the Department of Public Advocacy's annual conference, the Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers bi-annual DUI seminars, and formerly serving as a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers State Legislative Affairs Committee.
- University of Louisville School of Law, Louisville, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2002
- Georgetown College, Bachelor of Science
- Honors: National Biology Honor Society
- Major: Biology/Chemistry
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, “10 Best – Kentucky” award for exceptional and outstanding client service (2017)
- Scholarship Recipient/Graduate, National Forensic College, Cardozo Law School, NYC (2016)
- Kentucky Bar Association, “CLE Renewal” award (60+ hours of CLEs from 2013-2016)
- Department of Public Advocacy, “Walker” award for DUI acquittal (2016)
- Department of Public Advocacy, “Lawyers Without Boarders” award for regularly accepting criminal conflict cases across the Commonwealth (2015)
- International Association of Chiefs of Police/NHTSA, Standardized Field Sobriety Test Administration and DUI Detection, Irvine, CA (2013)
Classes & Seminars
- Faculty: DPA New Attorney Training, Frankfort, KY (2013-2018)
- Louisville Bar Association/KACDL DUI seminar, Louisville, KY (2017)
- KACDL’s Advanced DUI seminar, Burlington, KY (2016)
- Ignition Interlock CLE, Public Defender Conf., Louisville, KY (2016)
- Sobriety Checkpoint CLE, Public Defender Conf., Lexington, KY (2015)
- DUI Detection CLE, Public Defender Conf., Erlanger, KY (2014)
- Faculty: KY Public Defender College’s Litigation Persuasion Institute, Faubush, KY (2014)
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing CLE, Public Defender Conf., Louisville, KY (2013)
- Marijuana DUI, 3rd Annual Eastern Regional Conf., Natural Bridge State Park, KY (2013)
- Externship with Louisville Metro Public Defender’s Office
- Kentucky Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Board of Directors
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Legislative Affairs Committee